Middle Eastern cuisine is known for its delicious and finger licking kebabs but Turkish kebab is one of its kind. It does not matter what country you belong to, the moment you get a chance to taste juicy and flavourful Turkish kebab, you forget about every other food or dish that you have ever eaten. Such is the magic of these mouth watering kebabs. The best thing about Turkish kebab is that it has so many types. Adana Kebab is also a particular kind of Turkish kebab that is named after the Adana city which is located in Turkey. Adana Kebabs are easy to cook and have the tendency to satiate your appetite. Commonly, they are also known as ground meat kebabs. These tasty Turkish Adana Kebabs are so inviting that it nobody can resist them. They can be cooked after following a simple procedure.
This particular form of Turkish kebab does not take much time to cook. All it takes is half an hour and the kebabs are ready for you to satisfy your appetite.
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 minced onion
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 5 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons of ground sumac
- 5 teaspoon of salt
- 25 black pepper powder
- 25 red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of ice cold water
- 4 metal skewers
- In the very first step you have to combine or mix the ground lamb with minced garlic, minced onion, cumin powder, sumac powder, salt, black pepper powder, red pepper flakes and Ice cold water in a bowl. Knead the mixture as much as you can and then put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the second step take out the lamb mixture from the refrigerator and then with the help of your hands, make some balls then elongate these bowlers around the skewer.
- Now grill the Cabs for approximately 12 minutes until they are properly grilled from both sides.
- While grilling the kebabs keep on sprinkling the remaining cumin and sumac powder on them.
- Now your tasty and juicy Adana Turkish kebab is ready. You can serve them on a warm pita bread along with tomatoes and onions.
Although the recipe of Turkish kebab seems to be pretty simple but when you will taste them, you will realise the uniqueness of these Adana kebabs. The spices added to these kebabs give a juicy and chilly kind of flavour to them. Also, you can eat these scrumptious Turkish kebab with plain rice too. Not just with rice but you can also enjoy them with warm naans. Or if you want to enjoy the flavour of these kebabs to its fullest, then you can eat them without rice or pita bread. The kebabs will melt in your mouth and you will be forever enchanted by these juicy and appetizing kebabs. There is reason why Turkish kebab is on the top of the list of world’s most appetizing and flavourful kebabs and that is who ever tries them, becomes unable to escape them forever.